To print from personally owned computers, you must be first connected to the VPN and run the lab drives script.
Obtaining the UW Campus VPN: https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/90370 (download and connect)
Obtain the lab drive script and connect with it via the instructions here: https://confluence.med.wisc.edu/x/lADPAQ (download and connect)
Lab Printer Names: https://uwmadison.box.com/s/ul9x8on8k5cn07d4pb88iklo8sagf6cd
This process is the same for a personal Mac or a lab/group owned Mac. Once you have connected with the VPN and Lab Drives script, follow the steps below
- From the Apple Menu select System Preferences..., then choose Printers & Scanners.
- Click the lock symbol and unlock to make changes - login with administrator credentials.
- Click the + symbol.
- A window will pop up, right click (Ctrl-Click) at the top area of the toolbar and click on Customize Toolbar..., click on Advanced and drag the gear symbol into the toolbar.
- Click on the newly added Advanced icon and enter (the URL needs to match the name of the printer exactly):
- NOTE: Do not forget to add the first portion of the printer address - "smph-prn01.ad.wisc.edu".
- Ex. smph-prn01.ad.wisc.edu/(Your printer name)
The driver can stay at the Generic PostScript Printer or if you see the specific driver for the printer, you can use that.
- Click Add, select configuration specifics if there are any specifics (duplex printing, multiple trays, etc.) and click OK.
- The printer should be in the list and can be chosen to print.
On a personal computer, the drive mapping script MUST be run first.
There is no content with the specified labels