Recommended standard equipment for staff purchase as of May 2022
Recommended equipment for (standard configuration) employees include desktop or laptop + docking station, monitor(s), keyboard and mouse.
Note: When in the Shop@UW+ Dell Pouchout store, most of the below listed items should show on very first page (Standard Configurations).
Scroll down the Standard Configurations page, to see the available listings.
- Processor - 12th Gen. Intel® Core™ i5-1250P (12 Core, 12 MB Cache, 16 Threads, up to 4.40 GHz, vPro® Enterprise)
- Memory - 16 GB, DDR4, 3200 MHz, integrated
- Storage - 256 GB, M.2, PCIe NVMe, SSD, Class 35
Important - Click the Customize & Buy button and toggle the following 5 choices (this will eliminate charges for unnecessary items)
- Processor under Intel® P-series (28W) toggle to "12th Gen. Intel® Core™ i5-1250P (12 Core, 12 MB Cache, 16 Threads, up to 4.40 GHz, vPro® Enterprise)" (click here for screenshot)
- Systems Management toggle to "ME Disable Manageability" (click here for screenshot)
- LCD toggle to "Laptop 14.0" FHD (1920x1080) AG, Non-Touch, WVA, 250 nits, HD RGB Cam, WLAN, CF, P28" (click here for screenshot)
- Packaging toggle to "Min Model Ship, 65W, Laptop" (click here for screenshot)
- Dell Endpoint Security toggle to "None" (click here for screenshot)
After the changes, the price should be $1302.95
Recommended Peripherals: Dell WD19S Dock with 180w Power Supply, Dell UltraSharp U2422H 24" Monitor, Dell Keyboard and Mouse (must be added on to use with dock)
Please use the following form, if you need help with customized Dell Laptops, MacBooks (or any other) purchases: Hardware Request
- Processor - 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-10600 (6-Core, 12MB Cache, 3.3GHz to 4.8GHz, 65W)
- Memory - 16GB, 1x16GB, DDR4 non-ECC Memory
- Storage - M.2 256GB PCIe NVMe Class 35 Solid State Drive (Important: Do Not order 500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Disk Drive)
- Warranty - 3 years Basic Service
- Estimated Price - $738.24
Recommended Peripherals: Dell UltraSharp U2422H 24" Monitor (not included in estimated price), Dell wired keyboard and mouse (included in estimated price)
Please use the following form if you need help with customized Dell Desktops, Macs (or any other) purchases: Hardware Request
Dell Dock - WD19S 130w Power Delivery 180w Power Supply 3 x USB 3.1 ports, 1 x USB-C port, 1 x HDMI, 2 x DisplayPort, 1 x USB-C Multifunction DisplayPort,
1 x GB Ethernet
On the Dell punchout page, change the drop down menu from All Categories, to Accessories. Choose Dell Dock - WD19S 130w Power Delivery 180w Power Supply, then Add to Cart.
*Make sure to get the WD19S with the 180w Power Supply
*If you are getting a laptop with a docking station, remember to order a keyboard and mouse.
On the Dell punchout page, in the "Categories" section (left hand side), check the box next to Monitors. From the list, choose Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor - U2422H, then Add to Cart.
KEYBOARD & MOUSE:
On the Dell punchout page, search for (upper right of page) "wired mouse and keyboard combo"
For a basic wired keyboard and mouse choose the below listed model: (click here for screenshot)
Dell MS116 Wired Mouse and Keyboard Combo
- Manufacturer Name: Dell
- Manufacturer Part #: 00001
- Dell Part #: 203-BBGT
- Estimated Price: $40.54
Please contact us (SMPH - Shared Services IT) using the following form, to determine the best printer options.
Shop@UW+ - click on Office Supplies, then MDS Warehouse and put in the part number
Cisco 7841 VoIP Phone and power transformer INCLUDED
Part Number - C-78428 C-78429 KIT
Shop@UW+ - click on Office Supplies, then Staples, then search for "Jabra Evolve"
Jabra Evolve 65 Stereo Bluetooth Headset
For alternate UW approved audio devices: https://vipportal.it.wisc.edu/it-equipment-options/#audio-devices
(To request VoIP phone line activation and Cisco Jabber Account, please contact your department's authorized user.)