SMPH Classroom and AV Services (CAVS) - Computer Usage Guidelines for 1306 HSLC:
Last Update - Sept 2019
Room 1306 in the Health Sciences Learning Center (HSLC) is a large lecture hall for medical student education and training. There are 200 desktop computers available for web based teaching, training and testing. Below is a list of the AV and computer technology available in the room:
- Touch Screen Control Panel
- Overhead projectors and screens for presentations.
- Capture/Live Stream Available
- Audio/Video/Web Conference Capabilities
- Wireless Handheld Mic (pickup in 1240 HSLC) and Lavalier
- Document Camera
- Podium computer for presentations.
- Set of video adapters to accommodate laptop presentations.
- HDMI, DisplayPort, Mini-DisplayPort, USB-C, VGA, DVI
- 200 desktop computers for in room, web based training and testing.
- Hours of Support: 8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday
Desktop computer usage guidelines:
- The 200 desktop computers are intended to be used for basic web based training and testing, along with standard UW Madison campus applications.
- The computers are multi-use computers and are setup and managed as HSLC classroom computers.
- Requests for training or testing that requires custom installation of software or applications are reviewed on a case by case basis.
- We may not be able to accommodate all software installation requests in 1306 HSLC due to hardware/software requirements and limited staffing resources.
- Reservations: The room and computers are reserved in our room reservation system - https://smph.ems.wisc.edu/ .
- Medical student teaching and education are given scheduling priority in 1306 HSLC and all HSLC classrooms.
- We can schedule a walk-through to review the use of the desktop computers in 1306 HSLC if required.
- There is no network printing functionality in 1306 HSLC.