Below are general details regarding Emeritus status and access to campus IT resources. Specific to Office 365, per campus KB 71340 (kb.wisc.edu) “Emeriti who have a paid appointment (including zero-dollar appointment) will continue to receive a Faculty/Staff/Student license.”. All other Emeritus staff lose access to the Office desktop and online apps and only have Office 365 email/calendar/contacts/tasks.
Any staff that need to request Emeritus status or require a zero-dollar appointment should contact their SMPH HR Business Partner.
Resignations and Retirement
Privileges for UW-Madison Retirees and Emeriti Brochure: https://www.ohr.wisc.edu/apo/policies/Retirement%20Brochure.pdf
Help Desk - Deactivation Timeline for Office 365, G Suite, Box, and Qualtrics: https://kb.wisc.edu/office365/page.php?id=79844
Help Desk (Emeriti) - Steps to take before your access to Office 365, G Suite, Box, and Qualtrics changes
Office 365 - What should I expect when I am no longer a Faculty, Staff, or Student? https://kb.wisc.edu/office365/page.php?id=70586
Office 365 - How will Emeriti with paid appointments be affected? https://kb.wisc.edu/office365/page.php?id=71340
Office 365 - Subscription/license types and affiliation changes: https://kb.wisc.edu/office365/page.php?id=62576
Eligibility for Adobe Creative Cloud - Dependent on Employee Category Code - https://kb.wisc.edu/internal/page.php?id=78460
MFA-Duo - Who is Eligible for MFA-Duo: https://kb.wisc.edu/87487
- Emeritus entered in HRS with paid or $0 status will still be eligible for MFA-Duo.
- Those without, MFA-Duo will not prompt once they do not have a current job (between start date and end date) in HRS.
- generally recommended by the department admin or committee for the employee after notice of resignation and follow up intentions
- allows for access to Wiscmail, WiscCal, G Suite, and BOX services online via the web portal (https://email.wisc.edu/login/). This DOES NOT include Office application use, Adobe application use, or any other services your Net ID would formerly grant you. This also NO LONGER requires the use of MFA- DUO for validating your login to email (FOBs will no longer be used, or cell phone duo checks)
- If the application is put in for Emeritus status and is in an “in-progress” state (not finalized), Net ID, email, and calendar will still retain themselves. Net IDs are kept active for 90 days following the employee’s final date, and will stay active indefinitely as long as the process is in place.
- ZERO DOLLAR & HONORARY APPOINTMENTS (for retirees ultimately continuing on in some capacity with the UW that also need access to web and desktop applications) - https://merit-www.education.wisc.edu/handbook/categories/personnel/zero-dollar-honorary-appointments/
- generally recommended by the department admin or committee for the employee after notice of resignation and follow up intentions. This should only be requested if the employee needs access to web/desktop apps (Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, Lab Applications, etc) and will be actively using them.
- allows for full Net ID access and services similar to their current appointment before retirement. No change should occur to service status or use as long as this request is approved by the Dean.
All technology related questions regarding official details should go through DoIT Help Desk at
Email: email@example.com (DOIT VIP)
Phone: 608-264-4357 OPTION 5 (DOIT VIP)